carpet cleaning tips from Carpet One

Carpet Cleaning in Annapolis, MD

A common saying is that pets are the best friends of a carpet cleaner. After all, not only do pets leave behind mud and urine spotting, but they also leave plenty of fur in their tracks. If you have a pet that sheds a moderate or significant amount of fur, chances are keeping your carpets clean is a huge problem for you. Here are a few tips that will help you remove pet hair from your carpet. 

The best way to remove pet hair from your carpet is by hiring a professional cleaner to get the job done. In fact, it is recommended that pet owners have their carpets professionally deep cleaned once every few months. Unfortunately, you will still need to keep your carpet relatively clean and free of pet hair in between deep cleanings.

Removing Pet Hair from Carpet

Here are some of the most popular and effective ways to remove hair from carpeting:

  • Sponge mop - You can use a sponge mop to remove pet hair from your carpet. Vacuum your carpet to remove or loosen some of the hair. Then, use water to saturate your sponge mop. Use this sponge mop to saturate the hair-heavy areas of your carpeting with water. The sponge mop will help move the pet hair to carpet's surface. Then, you can use your hands or a vacuum to remove the hair clumps at the surface of the carpeting.
  • Fabric softener - Get an empty spray bottle and fill it with a solution of water and liquid fabric softener. About 25 percent of the solution should be liquid fabric softener while the other 75 percent should be water. Use the mixture to spray hair-heavy areas of the carpet. Then, allow the mixture to dry on the carpet so that the fabric softener can loosen the hair in the carpet. This will make it easier for you to vacuum up the hair later. 
  • Vacuum - If your vacuum cleaner isn't effective when it comes to removing hair from your carpet, you may need to get a new one. Try to look for vacuum cleaner models designed for cleaning carpet and the removal of pet hair.

For more information about pet hair removal, don't hesitate to contact us and speak to one of our carpet cleaning professionals. We proudly serve Annapolis, Arnold, Severna Park, Crownsviile. Edgewater , Riva, Pasadena, Gambrills, Millersville, Odenton, Harwood and Lothian, MD.